Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Reflecting on 2008 + My NYE Look

Posted by Jane at 4:20 PM
for me 2008 was a year to learn a lot from it really wasn't one of my best years &it also wasn't bad but through all the UPs and DOWNs of 2008, i still would like to reflect on the good things that has happened for me this past year!

January
i went to the motherland after 7 years &honestly i feel the older you are the more of an appreciation you will have for background &for the things you have b/c a lot of them aren't as fortunate &you get a better understanding of what our parents went through to give us the lives we have today.
April
• my son had his first real hair cut -- he went bald!
(he had a trim after turning one in 2007)
May
i celebrated my second mother's day -- i love my son! (=
June
my son sorta learned how to swim (he still wears floaties of course) but he can go to the deep end by himself &i still can't! /=
my best friend, my love, &the father of my son &i celebrated 4 years of being together &i can truly say we have been through a lot in that time!
July
• we had our first family trip to san diego zoo + sea world (i took him to disneyland previously but it was just me + the in-laws that time -- the hubby had to work)
August
i started getting into the makeup scene + my crazy collection of makeup began! (=
my son started early education (pre-school) which is for him to socialize since he doesn't really have cousins his age but that will change w/ the coming year.
September
my hubby went back to school
my son turned 2 years old
October
my maternal grandfather (only living grandparent today) came back from the Philippines (he's retired)
December
i had the best semester in college this past fall 2008 (=
i turned 23 &i am healthy, strong, &beautiful
my parents celebrated their 24th wedding anniversary &are still happily married &the best grandparents ever i might add! (= next year will be their silver year!

..&i thank God for those blessings everyday!

there are many things in store for 2009 some we may know of &some will come in surprise but whatever they may be we can only hope that God continues to bless us w/ all the beautiful things in life!

now onto..

My NYE Look:
so this is a look i've created on my youtube for NYE &it's the look i plan to recreate to ring in 2009!

if you would like to watch my tutorial for this look tune into my youtube page or click on the link to the right of this entry.

here are the items i used for this look:
EYES:
• MAC paint pot in soft ochre
• MAC mineralize eye shadow duo in sea & sky
• Prestige Liquid Liner in black
• Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On pencil in zero
• CoverGirl lashblast mascara in true black

CHEEKS:
• MAC blush in mocha

LIPS:
• MAC lipstick in blankety
• MAC lustreglass in instant gold

not quite sure what the plans are as of now but whatever they may be.. you know i'm still gonna look my best! come on.. it's a new year!

2009 is for sure gonna be MY year! (=

whatever it is that you lovelies have planned.. please be safe
&i wish you all a prosperous &happy 2009 new year!

xoxo -- jane<33

4 comments:

injen on December 31, 2008 at 9:51 PM said...

your 2008 sounded really nice...you're very family oriented, that's so great. :) happy new year!

L on January 3, 2009 at 10:01 PM said...

aw jaynee, you look beautiful.

great recap of 2008 and im sure 2009 will be good to you and your family! xo!

♥ Nehs ♥ on January 3, 2009 at 10:16 PM said...

love the look. very nice.

NiC-KIA on January 28, 2009 at 5:53 PM said...

blue diamond!!

 

      jayneebaybe.com Copyright © 2011 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Illustration by Enakei | Gossip Celebrity