Tuesday, June 9, 2009

MAC Style Warriors Haul / Review

Posted by Jane at 1:16 PM
I didn't pick up too much from the collection just what i knew i HAD to have &know i would actually be using. although i LOVE LOVE animal print i wasn't sucked in that much to the packaging for this collection.

Beauty Powder Blush
Eversun
(neutral peach bronze with gold pearl)

of course i had to get this BP blush.. it's peach toned &i LOVE my peach colored blushes. i also liked On a Mission but i didn't pick it up but i might eventually go back for it! /=

Lipstick
Brave New Bronze
(creamy mid-tone pink nude -satin)

so Brave New Bronze is such a pretty nude lippie. this with the lipglass i got is the prettiest combo so i got them! i also liked one other lipstick from the collection which was Purple Rite. Sunsational seem too light while Tribalist is too dark for my liking.

Lipglass
Gold Rebel
(sheer copper bronze with pearl -frost)

Like i said, this lipglass.. Gold Rebel is great paired with Brave New Bronze. as for the other lipglasses go.. i liked Fierce & Fabulous but i passed on Liberated &Style Warrior &thought it might be on the sheer side.

together: brave new bronze l/s w/ gold rebel l/g

more of my thoughts + what i passed on..

Eyeshadows
a lot of the colors looked like you can find something similar to. they were all neutral colors that didn't really catch my eye. the only one that really did was Vibrant Grape but it's permanent in the mac pro line so i can get that color at anytime.

Bronzing Powder
i thought Solar Riche was too orangey for me but i did like Refined Golden so might go back for it.. it's also a permanent so there's no hurry on it unless i want the packaging which is cute since it has the zebra design. (=

Nail Lacquer
these colors didn't seem to phase me &look like they could be easily dupes as well. personally i'm not a big fan of MAC nail polishes.. i find the formula to be very streaky &sheer. i only own one MAC nail polish & plan on keeping it that way. /=

Lustre Drops / Solar Bits / Skinsheen Leg Spray
are all just not my style so i decided to pass on all of those.


non-collection: eyeshadow refill pans
left: contrast
(intense purplish-blue flecked with blue shimmer -velvet)
right: texture
(peachy-brown with shimmer -velvet)

i bought these 2 refill pan shadows for my palette b/c a subscriber on my YT channel requested i do a look for her using these 2 shadows.. the pictures to that look is the post before this one. these 2 shadows were already on my eyeshadow wishlist so i was gonna evenually gonna buy them anyway. as far as pigmentation goes.. they are very pigmented, soft, &so pretty! (=

Overall: i might return for the other 2 lippies + BP blush &since the bronzing powder &eyeshadow i liked are permanent there really isn't any rush for me to pick those up. i am happy w/ what i got already so if i don't make that return it's all good w/ me! (=

*NOTE: again.. i apologize for the picture quality as i am still using my phone's camera to take pictures until i buy a new camera. /=

xoxo ~ jane<33

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice haul, Jane! ;)
The blush looks very beautiful, but unfortunately (or luckily, since I have to do some makeup diet, hehe...) it doesn't suit my fair skin.

Anonymous said...

yay for brave new bronze and gold rebel!!! love it!!!

Jasmin on June 9, 2009 at 4:27 PM said...

ohh..cute! i need to buy some of this collection.

Chomfifi on June 9, 2009 at 6:01 PM said...

i really want the brave new bronze lipstick but im so broke :(

KRYSTAL on June 9, 2009 at 7:43 PM said...

love the haul! ur lucky to atleast get some items, havent gotten any .. yet!

Anonymous said...

I wish I read this earlier. I was just at MAC and seen this collection. The packaging caught my eye too! =P So cute. Eh, but I ended up with only 2 e/s and neither were from that collection.

 

      jayneebaybe.com Copyright © 2011 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Illustration by Enakei | Gossip Celebrity