Tuesday, April 21, 2009

REVIEW: LUSH Products

Posted by Jane at 5:08 PM
bubble bath anyone??
so that is a picture of my bath using LUSH's bubble bar! (=


-- SOAPS --

Honey I Washed The Kids Soap
(Sweet honey heaven cleanses and moisturizes sensitive skin)

this one probably has to be my favorite soap that Lush has to offer. It smells SO good! (= it's not an over-powering honey scent either but just the right amount of honey goodness! the comb (top) part of the soap doesn't really melt when wet so i kinda just use it to exfoliate my skin as it's bit hard which is good for that. the other side glides nicely when bathing &leaves my skin feeling fresh+ clean &smelling SO yummy! (=

Porridge Soap
(Real oats make for a sweet, scrubby soap that's just right)

my piece of porridge didn't look anything like the picture above but more of a rice crispy piece but oats!?! (see picture below) if it had looked like that piece above than maybe i would have enjoyed it a lot more. it can be a bit messy w/ the oats &it gives off some color so you'll notice the water being colored as it goes down the drain. it is a great soap for exfoliating your skin b/c it scrubs your skin but it's not too rough. it lathers up pretty well but with each use it seem as if it was loosing most of the soap.. leaving me w/ just oats. i really wish there were more soap than oats like the picture on the website (above) it has a light lingering scent to your skin afterwards which i LOVE which smells like a bit of fresh orange juice mixed w/ molasses &leaves my skin super soft!

See!! 0_O

-- BUBBLE BAR --

Ma Bar Bubble Bar
(Milk chocolate and toffee bubbles in the bath indulge your sweet tooth)

i am now in LOVE w/ their bubble bars. for this one i cut it in half so i could get 2 uses out of it but even half makes lot &lots of bubbles! i used the white side already (toffee side) &these bars make a tub full of SCENTED bubbles! (see picture at the very top) the bubbles that these bars create stick around as well whereas to liquid bubble bath where it would eventually disappear into the water leaving you with just water.. the smell is so relaxing as well! (= i almost fell asleep in my bath! /=


-- SKINCARE --

Angels On Bare Skin Cleanser
(Delicately cleanses and exfoliates for softer skin)

this cleanser is good for any skin type. i have normal/dry if you're wondering. there are grounded almonds for the purpose of gently exfoliating which gives off the smells of roses &lavender oil. i only got a sample of this which is fine b/c all you need is a pea-sized amount mixed with water in the palm of your hand to create an even paste &then cleanse like usual. for me i thought it kinda smelled weird at first but it's not too bad &i felt it did leave my skin feeling really soft like a baby's butt! (=


OVERALL: i am VERY happy with all the items i have purchased here from LUSH &would recommend them all as well as REPURCHASE any of them again! (= for the porridge though i have to make sure next time i get a piece w/ more soap &less oats. i do get kinda paranoid w/ the soaps b/c it smells SO sweet &good that i would get attacked by some bugs.. LOL! at least i don't live where there are mosquitoes. /=


for next time..
here are some of the other goodies that i've been think about for next visit to LUSH! (=

banana moon soap
i should coco soap
MMM melting marshmallow moment bath melt
hot milk bubble bar
temple of truth bubble bar
the comforter bubble bar
butterball bath bomb
honey bee bath bomb
think pink bath bomb

i will update you all on any future purchases as well! (=


xoxo ~ Jane<33

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

yay for lush! I just recently did a lush haul as well. The Ma Bar bubble bar sounds VERY interesting, I might look into that the next time i go to lush :) And your skin looks so flawless!! By the way, I have a question about the CG Tinted Moisturizer that you love. How would you say the coverage is? I really don't like sheer coverage (Like the Laura Mercier) and I want to find a cheaper alternative than Smashbox TM (Which is GREAT) but I don't want to keep re-purchasing that since it's so expensive! =\

KRYSTAL on April 21, 2009 at 6:39 PM said...

man ive been always wanting to try out some lush products! i wish we had a store here neaby =[[

Edna on April 21, 2009 at 6:59 PM said...

Hii..

If you goto a LUSH store/ counter ask the SA if she can cut up a piece of porridge soap for you. You can choose which piece (even if it's from a bigger piece). That's crazy how you had over 75% of oats, and I thought my 50% was a lot!! Have fun next time you goto LUSH ...

Lynnie on April 21, 2009 at 7:59 PM said...

i love angels on bare skin and jasmin & henna hair mask. try the chocolate cupcake mask!

Melissa Joy on April 21, 2009 at 8:56 PM said...

Where do you get Lush products?! They look so yummy! BTW, I am NC35. Thanks for the tip, I won't get idol eyes and I put texture on my wishlist! =)

Melissa Joy on April 21, 2009 at 11:05 PM said...

the msf is on the lighter side I think it would go well with NC30 actually. I think I could pass with medium dark too. Do you own any other msf's? This is my first one and I think the texture is really smooth and its shimmery, so it gives you that glow. I tried to wear it alone, but my skin isn't that nice..lol. I use it over my foundation for that lovely glow. So yeah...I think you should try it! You can always exchange it for a different item. Hope this helps!

Melissa Joy on April 22, 2009 at 4:45 PM said...

oh...i don't know what the exchange policy is...i think if it's unused. have u been to primm cco lately? i want to go on sun hopefully.

Yas on April 22, 2009 at 10:14 PM said...

LUSH is soooo good. I need to nab some more soap and bath bombs. They just smell like heaven!

Dirt On The Rocks on April 23, 2009 at 10:37 AM said...

nice review. i havent tried any lush products. lol being pregnant the strong is just too overpowering for me to walk right into the store lol. i know it sounds stupid, but it hurts my nose. after the pregnancy i'll def. look into this.

 

      jayneebaybe.com Copyright © 2011 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Illustration by Enakei | Gossip Celebrity